This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the safe and economic operation of an assigned group of vessels and cost-effectively managing the assigned vessels.
- Manage day-to-day vessel-related problems including operational, technical support, safety areas, providing supervision, and handling crew-related issues.
- Manage daily operations according to the Safety and Quality Management System
- Work with assigned vessel personnel to ensure they operate according to the policies, procedures, and performance standards of APL Maritime.
- Member of the Incident Response Team (IRT) for any vessel casualty assigned.
- Conduct accident or near-miss investigations.
- 25-50% travel